- The part that I enjoyed about Yr 9 English was the writing parts in the book because I like writing. I liked taking tests that you cannot prepare for as it tested me on my knowledge that I could not prepare for. I liked the concept of advertising and Shakespeare as I had done it before and it was interesting. I liked reading TWTWB as it was a book that related towards our generation and the characters were about our age.
- I disliked doing speeches in front of everyone especially the first speech that we did in term 1. The concept was very confusing and no one got over C+ as no one was really on task. Also, I like writing stories but the task, that we did that was writing a horror story, and it had too many regulations and rues and things to follow
- I was good in writing essays and tests such as the QCATS. I liked that because it was easy and I got a good grade (A-) and the concept was very easy such as advertising and arguments. I don’t mind writing essays as they are simple and easy to write and the QCATS was a test that you couldn’t be overly prepared for.
- I found presenting speeches and getting it straight to the point and in the time limit difficult as I have a need to blab on when doing a speech and talk about it as much as I can so I can cover all the topics but then it becomes too long.. I need to talk slower and more eye contact when doing my speech and I way to do it is to practice more and just get the whole speech memorised.
- The areas that I need to improve on for next year are proofreading and being able to cut down and not drabble on. Straight to the point! And being able to have good eye contact. I feel like the people are staring at me when I do speeches and it makes me feel self conscious. I also like to drabble on as I have said before, as I have a need to blab on when doing a speech and talk about it as much as I can so I can cover all the topics but then, it becomes too long.
- The goal that I have for improvement for next year is my proofreading skills. Mrs Pignier said that everyone needed to improve on their proofreading skills as no one did a really good job on their feature article task. Since people think that everything is right when they write something because they wrote it and it looks right, most of the time, they can not see the little things as they are not observant. I have to teach myself this skill, not to lose even the littlest of things.

0 comments:
Post a Comment