Press Me!!!

Character Response



Benedick is the character that I have chosen that can relate to me the most in the play. He is a witty and sarcastic character. He has a ‘war of wits’ going on with Beatrice. He is a well-respected soldier that follows Don Pedro, also called Prince. He is very popular especially with the women, but he claims that he will never fall in love or marry anyone. He swears that if he does he will kill himself and humiliate himself. Of course, he didn’t know at first that the one he had been looking for was actually Beatrice. The character that he is often associated is Beatrice. This may be because they are always having a war of wits and is always trying to make each other look bad. Also, because of this close relationship, they begin to feel affections towards each other.

- “…Then is courtesy a turncoat. But is certain I am loved of all ladies, only you excepted, and I could find in my heart that I had not a hard heart, for truly, I love none.” (I, i, 118-120)
- “…With anger, with sickness, or with hunger, my lord, not with love. Prove that ever I more blood with love than I will get again with drinking, pick out mine eyes with a ballad-maker’s pen and hang me up at the door of a brothel house for the sign of blind Cupid.” (I. i, 236-241)
- “… Ha! ‘Against my will I am sent to bid you come in to dinner.’ There’s a double meaning in that. ‘I took no more pains for those thanks than you took pains to thank me. ‘That’s as much as to say, ‘Any pains that I take for you is as easy as thanks.’ If I do not take pity of her, I am a Jew. I will go get her picture. (III, i, 244-250)
- “…Signor Leonato, let the friar advise you, and though you know my inwardness and love is very much unto the prince and Claudio, Yet, by mine honour, I will deal with this secretly and justly as your soul should with your body.” (IV, i, 244-249)


I believe that I can relate to this character the most because I am a witty and a sarcastic person. I like to pay people out;;; and joke around all the time. Though, sometimes just like Benedick, I get myself into trouble because of it. Both Benedick and I can not think straight to the point or go wit the flow. We always try to think out of the box and not literally and try to twist the meaning to make it into something new. I am not good with relationships at first, as I am shy at first and do not talk as much. Though, after I know that person more, I become more talkative and as if I’ve known them more many years even if it is only our third time meeting. I am really good with friends once I get to know that person. Benedick tries to help others when they need so and s fooled easily. I am hoodwinked very easily but I am the King of convincing. If I wasn’t a student, I could be a successful fraud. Okay, no that’s too over exaggerating. I try to help as much as I can but sometimes, it may be too difficult to handle by myself. This is when I invite my friends to help me and in the end, the issue is solved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers