Press Me!!!

Evaluation of Protest Poetry

What is Protest Poetry?

Protest Poetry is something that can be written as a poem or a song to protest about something. This can be based on environmental issues, political, racism and so on.

Through this unit, I have learnt more techniques to help persuade or protest in poems and I will find this more useful in my persuasion skills and argue with my mum. : ) I have learnt more skills that is good to use when using persuasive language and which techniques to be used at the right time. Poets use many different types of these techniques such as simile; metaphors, personifications; theme and many others that help set the mood and build up the meaning of the poem. Also to help analyse a poem or song easily, we used a method called SPECS and SLIMS which was used as a guide.

My favourite poetry that I enjoyed analysing was Big Yellow Taxi because it was a song that we knew at class. This song was based on urbanization and the development of cities and towns. After analysing the song lyrics, we concluded with the summary: ‘she is very sad and upset about all the urbanization that is affecting the environment and her life. The big yellow taxi that took her father away, represents the urbanization greatly because the “yellow cab” is quite city like.

I would rate this unit 8 out of 10 (orange) because I actually quite enjoyed this unit and protesting was one of the strong points as I like arguing as all my peers now quite well. : )


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers